WELCOME FRIENDS

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Here I will be posting information about my creative process, inspiration, tutorials and day-to-day activities that make me who I am. I hope you enjoy it, come back often, follow, and invite your friends as well. Click on the painting to your right to be directed to my website.



Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Art Doll Swap in Progress...

So I decided to run an art doll swap on Milliande's Art Community for Women. There was a wonderful response, with 18 participating. All dolls are due to be posted by June 5th. I thought I would document my process.
After much consideration and trial, I decided to create a paper mache doll to swap. I had set the criteria as having to measure between 3-6".

Remembering a small wooden ballerina that used to sit atop my great grandmother's music box (that forever sat on my mother's dresser- now in pieces I think), I sculpted the body parts using a paper mache mixture that was fine enough to use almost like modelling clay. (I will post a tutorial in a few days- but here are some still shots).


I'm still working on the finishing touches, and have realised that my initial thought to make her a doll on a stand is actually a good idea- but I made her without a hole for a post, so am still figuring the best way to go about adding one now....stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment